Folks, made it yet another week!! Bad thing is, nothing too much to report. I will update bullet style
* strangers are now asking me “when are you due” as opposed to “how far along are you”
* After working my 12 hour night shifts I get home and have pitting edema in my ankles and now starting to work up my leg… boo. I’m naughty and haven’t religiously been wearing my support hose like I should
* I bought a used breast pump off Ebay and got it in the mail the other day! I’m sterilizing everything again tonight!
* Little monkey is getting so strong. Sometimes is feels like he is clenching his fist around important things down there. Ouch
* Our good friends are throwing us a shower this weekend. Ang is super excited b/c she didn’t get to be at the other one.
* The nursery is mostly done. I’ve been slacking and need to post some pictures of it.
* I’m pretty positive I peeed my pants the other day…. hahah. We had gone to see the play Mamma Mia and after the show I went to the restroom. We then had about a two block walk to the car and on the way there I kept feeling very wet down there. I looked down and I actually had a few spots on my pants that had leaked through. My first though is… could this be my water breaking somehow… which worried me. But after getting in the car and getting home and didn’t leak anymore… and hasn’t since. SOOOO it MUST of been pee… great! haha.
* My good friend Lindsey is coming in town for the shower this weekend. I’m excited for pedicures, pool time, and relaxation.
That’s all for now!
Just a pic of the belly… pardon the sports bra and undies!
I sometimes still can’t believe that I’m actually pregnant. 30 weeks seems so much closer to baby being here than 28 or 29 weeks. A woman I work with has a daughter that was pregnant with twins and just delivered them at 29 weeks. One baby was 2lbs the other was 1lb. The 2lb baby actually got extubated (no breathing tube) and the 1lb baby is still on the ventilator. I guess they are doing pretty well. It just is so crazy. I got to thinking, what if baby boy decided to come now. I thought I was ready, but I feel no where mentally ready to this baby yet. Then I start over thinking things, and I scare myself. I get scared thinking about the labor and delivery mostly. My MD asked me my last appt if I had a birth plan and my answer was my birth plan was to not have a plan. I feel like if I have a specific plan in mind and try to control things it will stress me out even more, so I’m trying to go with the flow. This post is kind of rambling, but it’s so weird how this week things are starting to feel more real.
The baby is moving around like crazy these days. I still can’t really tell what body parts are what! He get’s the hiccups a lot more often too… it’s pretty cute! I’m starting to get pretty tired towards the end of the day. My back has been hurting and causing me most of my discomfort. I’ve also noticed my ankles and feet have been swollen after my 12 hour shifts. I starting wearing support hose (which I should wear all the time anyway) which will hopefully help with some of the swelling.
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
My sister, mamma, and grandma
My cousin, Aunt, Grandma and cousin
My grandma, sister and Stepmom
My cousin and sister
Three of my good girlfriend (the left two are preggo too)!
Wow. It’s been almost three weeks since I have posted anything!! I’m such a slacker. It’s not that I have been super busy… maybe just super lazy. Things are still going great and right on track. Our appts have now switched to every two weeks. Our last one was this past Wednesday. Everything looked great. I passed my glucose test with flying colors!!! ( thank god)! Baby is measuring up fine and heartbeat was good. We have been seeing the NP these last few times we have gone, and I really really like her. I feel like she takes more time with us and isn’t rushing our questions or concerns so she can get us out of there. I was actually a little disappointed this last week b/c we were checking out and our MD was right there and casually/politely smiled at us, but you could tell he had NO idea who we were. Things like this make me think that next time we will use a midwife. I want to feel special every time we go, and not just a number.
This past weekend I flew back home for a long weekend to visit my family and have our first baby shower. Ang wasn’t able to come, so it was just me and the babe! It was super nice to see all my family and some of my close girlfriends/family friends. Everyone was sad Ang couldn’t make it, but we are planning a trip home in December to visit again. Here are a few pics from the shower